JOE PERDUE BURSARY 2016
Are you a CMAE London and Home Counties member
who would benefit from education & training?
This year the Joe Perdue Bursary will provide two awards to two worthy candidates.
The 1st Bursary will cover the cost (up to £1,600) of attendance at the next CMAA World Conference, to be held from 7 – 11 February 2017 in Orlando, Florida, USA.
This award will cover all travel and accommodation, plus subsistence expenses. It is open to members already on CMAE’s Management Development Programme (MDP), as World Conference is one of the key criteria necessary to take the globally recognized Certified Club Manager (CCM) exam.
A 2nd Bursary will be awarded to cover the costs (up to £1400) of attending a CMAE MDP course in the 2016/17 Academic Year. This Award is open to all members of CMAE, its Affiliated Organisations and Alliance Partners, who want to experience the renowned MDP pathway for themselves and gain invaluable skills, knowledge and networking to accelerate their professional development.
If you believe you could be a worthy recipient of either of the Bursaries available this year, then please apply, using the application form below.
The closing date for applications for the 2016/17 academic year is 1st August 2016.
All applications will be reviewed by the Board of the European Club Education Foundation (ECEF), and the winner will be announced by 31st August this year.
Last years winner, Scott Patience Club Manager, PGA of Reigate Heath Golf Club, said of his experience at MDP Part 1, in January this year “Winning the Joe Perdue bursary gave me the opportunity to attend the MDP Part 1 course in Warwick. The course was well structured, with excellent motivational and knowledgeable speakers and proved a great opportunity to mix with like minded professionals and my peers. I have already put many of the skills into practice and this award has allowed me to continue to learn and widen my understanding whilst aspiring to become a CCM in the future.”
CMAA’s World Conference is a renowned annual 4 day residential conference, taking place in a USA city during February or March each year. Over 150 educational sessions, covering all 10 competencies for a Club Manager, are offered, together with global networking opportunities.
CMAE’s MDP Courses consist of MDP Parts 1 and 2, MDP Golf, MDP Food & Beverage and MDP Strategy and Leadership.
Any Club industry personnel interested in applying for either of these bursaries, who want more information, should contact CMAE Director of Education, Michael Braidwood, CCM, or their local or regional Club Manager Association.
ABOUT JOE PERDUE, R.I.P.
Since 1986, Joe Perdue had served as Academic Advisor for CMAA. He was responsible for the initial development of CMAA’s Business Management Institute (BMI) Education Pathway in the US, and subsequently China, South Africa, Europe and Canada. Joe also developed the CCM, a qualification globally recognized as the benchmark of excellence in Club Management.
Here in Europe, Joe was a founder member of the CMAE Education Policy Board, where, thanks to his vision and generosity and that of CMAA, he enabled the development of our own CCM qualification, together with the CMAE MDP Pathway.
It is true to say: “No Joe Perdue, no MDP” and therefore CMAE has decided to commemorate Joe’s wonderful commitment to education and his invaluable legacy in Europe, the Management Development Programme by an annual Bursary programme, administered through the European Club Education Foundation (ECEF)
- Nominees must be a member of CMAE or one of CMAE’s regions or Affiliate Organisations
- The completed application form must be sent to CMAE Director of Education, Michael Braidwood, CCM for verification of the nominee(s) membership credentials. All nominees will be notified of receipt of their application by CMAE.
- Once verified, the original application forms will be forwarded to Nigel Cartwright, CEO of the European Club Education Foundation (ECEF) who will arrange for the Award Panel* to meet, consider all verified applications and decide upon the 2 most worthy recipients.
- The closing date for 2016/17 term applications is 1st August 2016.
- Incomplete application forms will not be accepted.
- The review panel will announce its decision by 31st August and its decision shall be final.
- All applicants will be informed of the decision of the review panel.
- The successful nominees will be required to attend either CMAA’s 2017 World Conference or complete the MDP course chosen, passing the course test. They will each be asked to write a 500 word report on their experience within 30 days of attending World Conference or completing the MDP course.
*The ECEF Award Panel for 2016 is chaired by Nigel Cartwright, CEO, and with a minimum of 2 of the Directors of ECEF: John Hunt , Peter Owen, David Roy, CCM or Andrew Brown.
“Winning the Joe Perdue bursary gave me the opportunity to attend the MDP Part 1 course in Warwick. The course was well structured, with excellent motivational and knowledgeable speakers and proved a great opportunity to mix with like minded professionals and my peers. I have already put many of the skills into practice and this award has allowed me to continue to learn and widen my understanding whilst aspiring to become a CCM in the future.”